The University of Hartford will be offering short-term study abroad programs around the globe this year. Spend one to three weeks abroad over the winter, spring, or summer break with a UofH faculty member and fellow students. You can earn credit towards graduation in a variety of subjects.
These programs take you outside of the traditional classroom setting and introduce you to bustling cities and small villages overseas. Get a first-hand look into a new culture and explore fascinating international topics. What better way to discover the Italian Renaissance than in Italy, the environmental and economic impact of rapid development than in China, or business than in a city as innovative and multicultural as Dubai. There are also trips to Ghana, Japan, and St. Vincent.
Study abroad expands your world view. This is so important for future college graduates no matter what your field. It can help add value to your degree and enhance your future employment opportunities.
Application Deadlines: October 15 for winter and March 1 for summer. Space is limited so apply early! Scholarships are available.
Check out the Study Abroad Website to learn about upcoming programs, and make sure to attend the information sessions this fall to learn more!
• Dubai: International Business, IB 310 or IB 610 (3 credits)
• Ghana: Sustainable Studio Art, EXS 390 (3 credits)
• Italy: Landmarks, Legends and Dramatic Theatre of Italy, AUCW 175, AUCA 175, ENG368, ENG330 (6 credits)
• St. Vincent: Service-learning project in archeology, ES 491, AUCT (3 credits)
• China: International Business in China IB 310 or IB 610 (3 credits)
• China: Living in the Environment - Water Scarcity & Pollution in China, AUCT 120 (4 credits)
• Japan: Art and Culture in Japan, AUCA, AUCA, EXS 390 (3 credits)
Contact Sarah Reuter in the International Center, GSU 327, if you have any questions (email@example.com or 860.768.5101).
Hear what UofH study abroad alumni have to say about their experiences on our Facebook page and Blogspot!