Summer Intern Opportunity
Technology, Inc. (CCAT) is a non-stock, tax-exempt corporation incorporated in
May 2004 and is funded under federal and state sponsored grants to develop a
national center that addresses military and civilian industrial manufacturing
needs; promotes energy planning and policy initiatives; stimulates innovation;
and enhances workforce development issues concerning technology
CCAT is seeking an intern for the Advanced Manufacturing Center (AMC).
Position Title: AMC Intern
Job Description: The AMC Intern reports to the Director, Advanced Manufacturing Center (AMC) and will support the AMC staff in their mission to improve the competitiveness of U.S. manufacturers. Specifically tasks to support new & on-going projects in the AMC related to precision machining and additive manufacturing (3D printing of metals & plastics). A primary project will be defined and the intern will brief the CCAT staff on this project at completion.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Mastery of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) suite of software
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Good attention to detail
· Proficiency with CAD solid models using SolidWorks or Siemens NX
· Experience in a machine shop environment; specifically milling, turning, & measurement
· Experience with CNC machine operation a plus
· Experience with CNC programming using MasterCam or Siemens NX a plus
· Engineering experience a plus
Education and experience: Candidates should be working towards earning an AS or BS degree.
Reports to: Director, Advanced Manufacturing Center
Manage others: No.
Job type: Intern
Employee Type: Salary, Part Time during school year – Potential for Full Time during summer & breaks.
Travel: Possible around
Compensation: Based on qualifications