The following two scholarships are available to female students at the University of Hartford. The deadline for BOTH scholarships is March 1. You must also submit your 2011-2012 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to that date so the scholarship funders can assess your relative financial need.
The qualifications for the two scholarships are below. Best of luck!
1. WELFUND SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE EDUCATIONAL ENHANCEMENT OF WOMEN: A Legacy of Hartford College for Women
This scholarship is open only to University of Hartford students. Students are strongly encouraged to apply. The qualifications are:
- Matriculated, female, undergraduate student, attending part-time
- 22 years of age or older
- 24 credit hours or more at the University of Hartford
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Will attend both semesters of the 2011-2012 academic year
- Financial need will be a factor and is based on your Estimated Family Contribution from your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
2. TOWN AND COUNTY CLUB SCHOLARSHIP FOR ADULT WOMEN
- Matriculated in 2011-2012
- Resident of one of the 29 towns served by the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving (see www.hfpg.org, then click on "About Us" and "The Community We Serve")
- Female age 24 or above
- Enrolled part-time or full-time
-15 credit hours or more of college work (not necessarily at University of Hartford)
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Financially needy as determined by the Student Aid Report from FAFSA or by submission of 2010 tax returns
Please contact Karen Sullivan ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will send the application information to you via email. If you have any questions, contact Karen Sullivan, associate director, Adult Academic Services, at 860.768.4373 or email@example.com.